2018 - 2019 Tuition Payment Plan
At Friends, we've created a rich, engaging curriculum designed to challenge and develop students at every level. Our hope is that each year, parents that invest in a Virginia Beach Friends School education feel as though this is the best investment they've ever made.
A $250 non-refundable deposit is required with the signed contract. Upon contract signing, you will need to choose one of the following Payment Plans to pay the tuition balance.
- Plan A: One payment made payable to VBFS; eligible for 5% discount on tuition paid by July 1st; eligible for 2% discount on tuition paid by August 1st. This discount is not applicable to tuition assistance recipients or international students.
- Plan B: Administered through Educational Loans Company
- Plan C: Administered through FACTS Management Company
ABOUT TUITION ASSISTANCE
VBFS admits students of any race, color, religion, sex, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available at the School. It does not discriminate in administration of its personnel policies, admission policies, tuition assistance, or athletic and other school-administered programs.
VBFS seeks to meet the financial need of its currently enrolled students and new applicants. The admissions process for new and returning students is entirely separate from and has no bearing on the tuition assistance process and decision. All new applicants who wish to be considered for tuition assistance shall apply for admission to the school first and then apply for tuition assistance. Tuition assistance is generally reserved for our K through 12 students.
Tuition Assistance is available to families who have applied for and who have been approved for tuition assistance. All applicants must complete an application with FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment.
- To apply CLICK ON THIS LINK. Submit all tax documents required directly to FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment. FACTS will not verify your application, nor will the Tuition Assistance Committee be able to award any funds, until all tax documents are received.
- Friends School’s Tuition Assistance is primarily a self-funded grant program. A grant is a gift to the student, and there is no obligation to repay. It is hoped, however, that the student and parents will support Friends School through donations to the annual fund and volunteerism when possible, so the school can continue to offer similar tuition assistance to students in the future.
- Demonstrated need, strength of academic record and citizenship are the primary criteria for tuition assistance. In allocating funds, Friends School gives priority to children of alumni and to siblings. The school reserves the right to rescind a tuition assistance award at any time should there be a change in demonstrated need, academic record or citizenship.
- Tuition Assistance is awarded on a yearly basis and is renewed if the family’s financial statement demonstrates continued need. Friends School’s Tuition Assistance Committee begins awarding grants as soon as verified applications from FACTS are received. In order to be considered you must make certain that you have signed and returned your enrollment contract, making sure that you have checked the box “I wish to be considered for tuition assistance.” Friends School makes tuition assistance awards on a first come, first served basis and does not reserve funds for late tuition assistance applications. A family who submits a late application – whether for the first time or for a renewed award – is eligible for remaining funds. Please note Friends School often has a waiting list of tuition assistance applicants.
- The Friends School Tuition Assistance Committee is responsible for the allocation of all tuition assistance. It bases its decisions on the report received from FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment. The application must include information on income earned by parents and on all other financial resources (e.g. relatives, churches, organizations, grants, etc.) that are available to the student.
- Once the Tuition Assistance Committee has reviewed your application, you will receive a letter notifying you of the decision. If you are awarded Tuition Assistance you will receive a letter along with your new contract reflecting your financial award. You must sign and return this new contract in order to complete the enrollment process.
CLICK ON THIS LINK for FACTS